Friday, February 19, 2010

Shipping Live Fish To Canada From Usa How Does One Ship Live Fish To Canada From The US?

How does one ship live fish to Canada from the US? - shipping live fish to canada from usa

I wonder if someone could help. What is the procedure for sending aquarium fish directly from the United States, Canada, via USPS, FedEx, UPS or any other form of address to the shipping address. I know that the departure at the airport is easy to transport in bulk, but if it is a small fish and invertebrates? Any information would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Gary C said...

I think you need an export permit (USA) and an import permit (Canada) transportation of live fish.

Is from one airport to navigation would be easy for a lot of fish, but not economically advantageous if you are sending only a few fish that airlines with a minimum fee that would be too expensive for a small package. Airlines in the U.S. do not know (I know about Canada), that the charge of the "known shipper to accept." This is a safety regulation post-9/11/2001. I'm not sure how to make a shipper "known" but I know that some farmers, the fish are "known shipper". I think I should ask the individual airlines on their rules.

I sent and received fish and invertebrates from USPS and UPS, but never intion. It is a case where the post office or the company itself should be consulted in advance.

loupa_ca... said...

I am certainly very interested to know I get around safely, the procedure for packing animals, if you need something. However, no information on how to get sent in. Nice question I'm really interested:)

Post a Comment